Sunday, July 29, 2007

Broccoli salad

I've been faced with the dilemma of four perfect broccoli heads all maturing at the same time. I would love for them to be spaced out more, perhaps one a week, but that's how it goes. We must enjoy broccoli now.

I found a good way to do that last night, one that is quick and easy, and so delicious we've had it two nights in a row. It's a cold salad made with broccoli slightly steamed, mixed with about three fried slices of bacon, sunflower seeds, chopped onions and a dressing made with mayonnaise, honey, and vinegar. It's that simple.

But I have a tendency to modify on the simple. I added a pinch of curry to the dressing, and some red cabbage, garlic scapes, quinoa, and poppy seeds to the original mix. Didn't harm anyone. My stepdaughter really liked it!

No comments: